[Avodah] halachic guidelines for kashrus

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Wed Dec 7 17:04:34 PST 2011

On 7/12/2011 6:02 PM, Prof. Levine wrote:
> It also does not apply to chicken, although the packaging on Empire, Kiryas Joel,  Vineland,  and other poultry says glatt on it.

Sigh.  We've been over this many times.  Yes, it does apply to chickens,
since they must be glatt in order to be kosher.  No, that doesn't mean
they're checked; in the USA we assume they're glatt without checking,
because it's rare for them not to be.  In EY, the mehadrin do check.

--
Zev Sero        If they use these guns against us once, at that moment
zev at sero.name   the Oslo Accord will be annulled and the IDF will