[Avodah] To Stand or Not to Stand for a Chosson and Kallah

Poppers, Michael MPoppers at kayescholer.com
Wed Nov 2 18:51:55 PDT 2011

In Avodah V28n218, R'Micha asked:
> Why is it that everyone stands for the chasan and kallah at a wedding,
but so few of us have a minhag to stand for Lekha Dodi? There we have
a kalah, and in some nusachos, she is identified with "Shabbas Malkesa". <
and at least one member of the chevrah noted that many of us stand for at least the last line of "L'cha Dodi" and why.  I have a possibly-related Q: at least some of the many who stand for that last line first stand for all of "Mizmor l'David Havu laH'" (and then sit down prior to the start of "L'cha Dodi") -- why the custom to stand for that mizmor?  (A data [datum? :)] point: in KAJ/"Breuer's," members of the tzibbur stand for the last line of "L'cha Dodi" but don't stand for the noted mizmor.)  Thanks.

All the best from
-- Michael Poppers via BB pager