[Avodah] To Stand or Not to Stand for a Chosson and Kallah

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Wed Nov 2 14:25:32 PDT 2011

On 2/11/2011 10:58 AM, Prof. Levine wrote:
> If it is indeed the case that we stand when people are going to do a mitzvah,  then why don't we stand when the Baal Kriah gets up to lein,  when the Baal Shachris goes to the Amud to daven,  etc. ?

But we do stand for people who are carrying a body to its grave, or who
are carrying a baby to his bris.  (The Bartenura cited earlier in this
thread gives these two examples; apparently we do not stand for the meis
or the baby, but for the carriers who are going to do a mitzvah.)

--
Zev Sero        If they use these guns against us once, at that moment
zev at sero.name   the Oslo Accord will be annulled and the IDF will