[Avodah] To Stand or Not to Stand for a Chosson and Kallah

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Tue Nov 1 09:35:37 PDT 2011

REMT and RSM also noted here a while back that originally people sat
when the chasan and kallah came in. Admittedly, we can view that as a
transition period, not long enough to define a minhag. I don't know.

However, li nir'eh that now that it's de rigeur, and people associated it
with "chasan domeh lemelekh", refraining from standing makes a statement,
not joining in on the hanhagah. It seems to be a trivial way to contribute
to simchas chasan vekallah. So why not?

Micha Berger             Worrying is like a rocking chair:
micha at aishdas.org        it gives you something to do for a while,
http://www.aishdas.org   but in the end it gets you nowhere.
Fax: (270) 514-1507