[Avodah] More Tzaar

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Fri Oct 28 11:56:05 PDT 2011

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 02:42:01PM -0400, David Riceman wrote:
> There's no p'tur of mitztaer on the first night! How is this a proof of
> anything?

I believe you're taking two sides of the same machloqes. If you hold that
mitzta'er renders the booth a non-sukkah, then you hold that mitzta'er
is a petur on the first night -- you have no Sukkah to go to!

This is the very nafqa mina lemaaseh of the chiluq RMS refers to in
the story.

BTW, I since found in Reshimos Shi'urim, Sukkah pg 92, that RYBS draws
the conclusion I did from the story. He makes a chiluq between where the
sukkah and the space within it causes the tza'ar, and when the tza'ar
is getting to the Sukkah.

RMS woke him up in case the rain made the Sukkah pasul when they had
the qiddush and kezayis bread. In which case, they either held like or
were being chosheshim for the shitah that the sukkah was pasul because
it was uncomfortable. His tza'ar at waking up isn't because the sukkah
is what's uncomfortable, therefore the sukkah itself is kosher and they
would be yotzei.

And if the petur is not because the Sukkah is invalid, then they were
yotzei when they followed the Rama before going to bed.

:-)BBii!

Micha Berger             People were created to be loved.
micha at aishdas.org        Things were created to be used.
http://www.aishdas.org   The reason why the world is in chaos is that
Fax: (270) 514-1507      things are being loved, people are being used.