[Avodah] The sukkah on Shemini Atzeret controversy

Joseph Kaplan jkaplan at tenzerlunin.com
Wed Oct 26 18:12:52 PDT 2011

R. JJ Schacter has a very interesting shiur on this topic where he offers, as I recall, a different interpretation of the gemarah (haven't heard it in a few years). It can be found on YU Torah.  I have always eaten in the succah on SA, rain permitting, but I found his explanation cogent enough that if invited for a meal on SA at a home where they do not sit in the succah, I think I would accept (which I did not do in the past). But I haven't been tested yet.

Joseph Kaplan