[Avodah] mikva use

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Wed Oct 26 13:07:11 PDT 2011

On 26/10/2011 10:38 AM, David Riceman wrote:
> Where does the Ramban say this? In his tshuva to Rabbeinu Yona (ed. Chavel, pp. 158-160) he clearly says that there is no issur, either d'orayysa or derabbanan.
>
> It's true that he says that it's a really bad idea: "But you should warn them against pilegesh in your town [which R. Chavel takes to mean Toledo], because if they know that it's permitted they will they will act licentiously (yiznu v'yifritzu) and will have relations with them when they are nidos."

Is that about a pilegesh, or stam a pnuyah?  I don't understand how
anyone can hold that a pnuyah is muteres; if kidushei biah are forbidden
midrabanan because it looks like znus, then kal vachomer that znus mamash
is forbidden.  A pilegesh, OTOH, does not look like znus, so I can
understand the sevara to permit it.

--
Zev Sero        If they use these guns against us once, at that moment
zev at sero.name   the Oslo Accord will be annulled and the IDF will