[Avodah] (no subject)

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Tue Oct 25 15:51:07 PDT 2011

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 10:20:26PM +0000, Elazar M. Teitz wrote:
:> Even though the terms on us of that beris /were/ replaced by Sinaitic
:> equivalents? Does a one-sided beris have meaning?

: Where do we find the terms of this specific b'ris, which was made
: "l'dorosam," changed?

Do we do milah for the sake of the beris? I thought we were discussing
shitas haRambam, that milah today is miSinai. And similarly for every
other preSinai beris. (Leshitaso, even Benei Noach have to accept the
7 mitzvos because they were given to the Jews at Sinai. But we can
temporarily ignore that tangent.)

So, there can't be any terms left to any of the berisei avos that we
still fulfill as part of those berisim -- we are fulfilling them because
Torah tzivah lanu Mosheh. And thus our side of this beris is empty,
what's left is one sided -- responsibilities acccepted by the RBSO alone.

(I consider this an elaboration of what I wrote in one sentence, quoted
above. All I tried to add was detail.)

Micha Berger             With the "Echad" of the Shema, the Jew crowns
micha at aishdas.org        G-d as King of the entire cosmos and all four
http://www.aishdas.org   corners of the world, but sometimes he forgets
Fax: (270) 514-1507      to include himself.     - Rav Yisrael Salanter