[Avodah] rules

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Tue Oct 11 10:14:30 PDT 2011

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 10:54:44AM -0500, Lisa Liel wrote:
:> Anyway, see<http://bit.ly/derechHamelech>, Derekh haMelekh by R'
:> Ariel Finkelstein, pgs 93-142 are a conscious rebuttal to Torat
:> haMelekh.
:
: However, the part of that section relating to wartime is somewhat empty
: of content....

I didn't find that true. See pp 126-139.

: I searched the book for reference to the halakha of hatov she'ba-goyim
: -- b'sh'at milchama -- harog and found nothing. Which seems odd for
: a book purporting to deal with that subject...

It is very odd. But despite the ommission, I did find much info in the
aforementioned section.

Micha Berger             The purely righteous do not complain about evil,
micha at aishdas.org        but add justice, don't complain about heresy,
http://www.aishdas.org   but add faith, don't complain about ignorance,
Fax: (270) 514-1507      but add wisdom.     - R AY Kook, Arpilei Tohar