[Avodah] malachim & mistakes

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Thu Oct 6 14:09:59 PDT 2011

On Wed, Oct 05, 2011 at 11:48:30AM -0700, Harvey Benton wrote:
: people think that maybe their marriages don't work out because the malach"
: who either named them, or set up their zivug (didn't hear correctly)

Bas qol is via mal'akh?

Personally, I like RSZN's point.

Too much of today's "hashkafah" books reduce Yahadus to self help. You
can have the happiness you seek through Torah. The Torah will teach you
how to be the parent you want to be, or be the person you want to be.

Torah, though, is about being the person HQBH wants you to be. It's
one thing to learn patience because Hashem wants you to be patient,
it's another to do so because you need it to be happy.

 From my notes of a talk by R' Hillel Becker that was part of