[Avodah] Brisker Chumeros and Shammuti Chumeros

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Wed Oct 5 11:00:09 PDT 2011

On 5/10/2011 11:35 AM, Micha Berger wrote:
> Here by shofar there is also another factor... The whole reason for
> teru'ah vs shevarim vs shevarim-teru'ah was originally to be yotzei all
> the shitos. Thus making my question about "hakesil bechoshekh holeikh"
> not just on modern chumeros, but it is now a question about why the
> gemara thought it was proper to say do all the sounds, even though each
> shitah makes the other two superfluous, and unless your mesorah was
> shevarim-teru'ah, a hefseq after the berakhah (over laasiyasan)?

AIUI, the takana of doing all three versions is not out of concern
that only one of them is right, but just the opposite, to show that
they're *all* right, and that those who do any one of them are yotze.
(I don't remember the source for this; something in the back of my mind
seems to be faintly whispering "Rav Hai Gaon".)

--
Zev Sero        If they use these guns against us once, at that moment
zev at sero.name   the Oslo Accord will be annulled and the IDF will