[Avodah] focussing v. obligations

Simon Montagu simon.montagu at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 05:16:38 PDT 2011

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 6:07 AM, Zev Sero <zev at sero.name> wrote:
> On 4/10/2011 5:35 PM, Harvey Benton wrote:
>> eg, is it written in nach anywhere that he has to
>> provide us with tayku answers??

> Teiku means "let it stand".  The question remains unanswered.  The
> notarikon "tishbi yetaretz kushyot uve`ayot" is post-facto folk
> etymology.

The concept that EHN will answer unanswered questions exists independently
of the folk etymology/notarikon of "teyku", so I think RHB's question
still stands, mutatis mutandis.

I don't have an answer to it myself, unless resolving all mahlokot is
a prerequisite for "yashiv lev avot al banim velev banim al avotam"