[Avodah] Kategor and Sanegor

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Mon Oct 3 15:13:19 PDT 2011

On 3/10/2011 1:49 PM, Micha Berger wrote:
> Do we have witnesses for the prosecution or for the defense, or just stam
> people who were there? Even if the defense finds eidim that support his
> side and pushes them to come, they still aren't "for the defense". I'm
> inclined to think this concept isn't part of beis din's judicial process
> either.

But in the course of the debate, dayanim and talmidim take sides and
become kategorim or sanegorim.  Though in dinei nefashos the rule is
that kateigor naaseh saneigor, but ein saneigor naaseh kateigor.

--
Zev Sero        If they use these guns against us once, at that moment
zev at sero.name   the Oslo Accord will be annulled and the IDF will