[Avodah] a woman shaliach

Eli Turkel eliturkel at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 01:03:57 PST 2011

Has anyone seen a discussion on whether a man can appoint a woman as a
shaliah to mekadesh a bride on his behalf?

[The point here is that a woman can't be mekadesh a woman, but that's
because kiddushin are not tofsin - not because the ma'aseh kinyan was
improper. However, can she do the ma'aseh kinyan  as the sheliha of a man,
where kiddushin are tofsin?   Or am I just revealing my amaratzut?]>>

I am confused. Does anyone claim that the bride's brother cannot be a
shaliach because he cant do the kiddushin for himself? For that matter
can't a mamzer be a shaliach for kiddushin?

--
Eli Turkel