[Avodah] what do Malachim know and what do Torah Sages know? We are ALL Gd's plan

Meir Rabi meirabi at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 19:04:17 PDT 2011

Of course the universe is created for Torah and the Jews, so EVERYTHING in
the WWW (Whole Wide World) serves this purpose and therefore EVERYTHING is
in the Torah.

Does that mean that Malachim know it all?
Does that mean that Torah Sages know it all?
Did those TS who were in their times, engaged in socially acceptable habits,
know that such habits were unhealthy?
The fellow who famously spent RH night in the cemetery and overheard the
gossip of the recently departed young ladies about the forthcoming weather
conditions and who accordingly planted his crop successfully whereas all the
other locals timed it wrong and lost their crops; where the LOR aware of
these portents for the future but decided they should not mix in?

Probably yes; it just depends on your point of View. We have mostly made up
our minds in advance and are usually just going through the motions:
cheering for our team and supporting our flag. And rendering translations
and interpretations that reinforce our perspective and trashing (with
dignity and sometimes only in the privacy of our own mind) the other
perspectives.

But I am sure that all this is built into the Torah. As Gd created us He too
created the T with the intention of it embracing all these perspectives.

So where do we draw the line? But that too is built into the T.

Best,

Meir G. Rabi