[Avodah] chezi kaddish before mussaf

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Sun Mar 13 15:53:04 PDT 2011

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 02:29:01AM -0500, Zev Sero wrote:
> Because the drasha is a very late addition, stuck in that position for
> convenience.  Perhaps it would make more sense to have it after musaf,
> before "Tana d'Vei Eliyahu", where Sefardim often have the rabbi give
> a dvar halacha.

Still, as I noted earlier today, Qaddish at the end of a derashah predates
Qaddish as part of davening. Even today, if a minyan attends a shiur, eg
between minchah and maariv, an aveil is likely to say Qaddish deRabbanan
afterward. How is this slot different than if the derashah was at any
other time?

Micha Berger                 Time flies...
micha at aishdas.org                    ... but you're the pilot.
http://www.aishdas.org                       - R' Zelig Pliskin
Fax: (270) 514-1507