[Avodah] mitzva for a goy

Eli Turkel eliturkel at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 14:00:34 PDT 2011

<Maybe any of the hundreds of duties that Jews seek out the foreign workers
here in Israel (most people over 70 seem to have a "Philipini*" living with
them in our suburb, and it isn't unusual for local Jews to seek them out to
do this or that on Shabbat or Chag.>

This merely says that a goy doesnt keep shabbat and so can do things for a
Jew.
I dont know if this goes under a motzvah for the goy

the answer I was given is that a goy today can construct a bamah and bring a
korban
(as R. Folger answered).

Note that the gemara has a machloket whether the goy can be bring an olah
or even a korban shemamim. The rabbi noted that if we accept the opinion
that
a goy can bring a shelmamim (which is not the halacha) then we have a kosher
shechita by a goy that a Jew could then eat the meat (ie several achronim
assume
that since the korban is legitimate it implies a halachik shechita for all
purposes
even though normally the schechita of a goy is not valid.

--
Eli Turkel