[Avodah] chezi kaddish before mussaf

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Thu Mar 10 11:56:07 PST 2011

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 09:17:04PM +0200, Ben Waxman wrote:
: In many shuls on Shabbat morning the Rav gives a talk after the sefer
: Torah has been put back in the ahron...

Totally different question... Why isn't it a Qaddish deRabbanan as it's
closing the derashah?

: Yet on Rosh Chodesh, we say Ashrei and U'ba L'zion, the STZ says
: kaddish, everyone takes off their teffilin and then some people start
: and some wait for the STZ. Why doesn't the STZ just wait to say chezi
: kaddish as we do on Shabbat?

Because you don't go to the right minyan. As RYL recently asks me, who
is the "we" in that paragraph?

Micha Berger             "'When Adar enters, we increase our joy'
micha at aishdas.org         'Joy is nothing but Torah.'
http://www.aishdas.org    'And whoever does more, he is praiseworthy.'"
Fax: (270) 514-1507                     - Rav Dovid Lifshitz zt"l