[Avodah] Moshe Rabeinu and his family

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Wed Mar 9 11:03:31 PST 2011

On Wed, Mar 09, 2011 at 06:53:23PM +0100, Arie Folger wrote:
: RB wrote:
:> After he was an infant, how did Moshe Rabeinu know who his family was?
:> We know his sister watched our for him, and was picked up by Bat Pharoa,
:> but did Bat Pharoa know that the one who nursed Moshe was his Mother?

: Is that not wonderful evidence for 'Hazal's contention that Bitia (NOT
: BATYA, ain't no such name - check your Chronicles) was a ba'alat
: teshuvah? ...

Only if you think Open Adoption is a mitzvah.

Seriously, though, how does the revealing or not revealing her guess
that his nursmaid was his mother a function of her willingly accepting
ol 7 mitzvos?

Micha Berger             Spirituality is like a bird: if you tighten
micha at aishdas.org        your grip on it, it chokes; slacken your grip,
http://www.aishdas.org   and it flies away.
Fax: (270) 514-1507                            - Rav Yisrael Salanter