[Avodah] Moshe Rabeinu and his family

Arie Folger arie.folger at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 09:53:23 PST 2011

RB wrote:
> After he was an infant, how did Moshe Rabeinu know who his family was?
> We know his sister watched our for him, and was picked up by Bat Pharoa,
> but did Bat Pharoa know that the one who nursed Moshe was his Mother?
> Did she relay this information and/or keep Moshe in touch with his family
> after Moshe grew up in the KIing's Palace?  Or did Moshe find out some
> other way who his family was? and if so, how???

Is that not wonderful evidence for 'Hazal's contention that Bitia (NOT
BATYA, ain't no such name - check your Chronicles) was a ba'alat
teshuvah? She turned on her father's policies by saving Moshe, which,
according to some, was even opposed by her maidservants, whom she
immediately overrode. So it stands to reason that she continued on
that path.

Kol tuv,
--
Arie Folger,