[Avodah] Non-Jews Begin to Embrace Ketubah Wedding

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Tue Mar 1 18:25:02 PST 2011

On Tue, Mar 01, 2011 at 09:07:58PM -0500, Zev Sero wrote:
> What do you mean by "in the future"?  That on some future occasion people
> will do something wrong?  That's explicitly *not* what he's saying...

While yes, RMF does write about "shikhchas hadin af shelo yavoleshum
qilqul", he starts the discussion of "belo amira" with a comparison
to Shabbos 14 which is just such a devolution lemaaseh and ends with
"aval hakha sheyargilu..."

While you question if I read it carefully, I feel rather secure that if
RDE, the compiler of Yad Moshe understood RMF as I did, the notion that
I didn't understand what you consider the obvious meaning of the teshuvah
is very unlikely. (I'm not even invoking RDE's very real authority in IM,
I'm only asserting his understanding can't be wrong in some obvious way.)

And so, I think your opening accusation that the Melbourne rabbi who
invoked the teshuvah was simply lying and relying on no one bothering
to read the GIFs of the teshuvah is misplaced and inappropriate.

Micha Berger             "'When Adar enters, we increase our joy'
micha at aishdas.org         'Joy is nothing but Torah.'
http://www.aishdas.org    'And whoever does more, he is praiseworthy.'"
Fax: (270) 514-1507                     - Rav Dovid Lifshitz zt"l