[Avodah] R Chiya Raba

Eli Turkel eliturkel at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 01:40:22 PST 2011

<<We have no reason to believe the CI had any notion of missing years or
questioning the counting of the Seder Olam. So I continue insisting he
didn't mean the year 4000 exactly, even though he apparently meant the
moment of the siyum hamishnah, precisely.

Taking this idea even further to its logical conclusion... Not only could
R' Chiya argue with Rebbe one day, but not make the same argument if he
waited a year before speaking up -- Rebbe himself couldn't change his
mind from what he said before finishing the mishnah! That too would be
an amora -- a statement from the alpayim yemos hage'ulah arguing with
with one from the alapayim leTorah.>>

Why assume the Mishnah was finished in one moment.
Did they have a siyum hashas afterwards? I assume it was a process
and in fact later people are included in the Mishna.

The gemara constantly quotes beraitot and never concerns itself when it was
written.
Only if it is from the tosephta of R Chiya and R. Oshiya which was
presumably written
after the Mishnah.

Sorry but the concept that Rebbe could not disagree with a Mishna after this
siyum hashas is too big of a chidush for me. Any hint of such an idea
besides
your interpretation of CI?

--
Eli Turkel