[Avodah] Mordecai and Esther

Eli Turkel eliturkel at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 02:57:24 PDT 2011

<<On 20/03/2011 12:23 PM, Prof. Levine wrote:
> I was under the impression that Mordechai was Esther's uncle.

Really?  But *why*?  Surely you learned the megillah many years ago,
and have read and heard it many many times since then, so how could
this error have persisted until you read RAZ's article? >>

While I don't have an answer to Zev's question I have seen several
prominent rabbis write that Modrecai was Esther's uncle.
Why such a mistake occurs against explicit verses in the Megilla I have no
idea

--
Eli Turkel