[Avodah] tefillin at mincha

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Tue Sep 22 02:48:35 PDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 09:24:09AM +0300, Eli Turkel wrote:
: Why don't we wear tefillin at Mincha?
: one should wear tefillin all day. We dont because we cant concentrate and
: watch for cleanliness, so we do the minimum at Schacharit.

... and because Shacharis includes Shema, and therefore not wearing
tefillin is mechzei keshiqra. Mincha doesn't, unless one repeats
Shema for the sake of doing so with tefillin on.

The question of why this isn't the norm could also be asked of Shacharis
-- after all, we don't put on tefillin between Yishtabach and Barekhu
and take them off right after Tachanun.

GCT!

Micha Berger             Between stimulus & response, there is a space.
micha at aishdas.org        In that space is our power to choose our
http://www.aishdas.org   response. In our response lies our growth
Fax: (270) 514-1507      and our freedom. - Victor Frankl, (MSfM)