[Avodah] YT Sheini Shell Golah and the Internet

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Fri Sep 11 02:51:32 PDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 07:07:23PM -0400, Zev Sero wrote:
: Sorry, you've lost me.  How does that question follow from anything
: said before? ...

I thought RJR's question was connected to the assertion that a taqanas
BD must be observed even as the reality it assumes has changed.

:                          ... I assume the resolution, should it ch"v
: be necessary, will be that this is the day that the Sanhedrin decreed
: will be Rosh Chodesh, and whether they were wise to have done so is
: irrelevant.  "Atem afilu mezidim".

But this isn't as much a question of when is Rosh Chodesh as much as
which chodesh it's the rosh of.  Is there a maqor that beis din can
be meizidim on ibbur hashanah too? It is all one thing -- BD is
meqadeish a particular month (month 13 or month 1)?

:-)BBii!

Micha Berger             I have great faith in optimism as a philosophy,
micha at aishdas.org        if only because it offers us the opportunity of
http://www.aishdas.org   self-fulfilling prophecy.
Fax: (270) 514-1507                              - Arthur C. Clarke