[Avodah] 100 B'rochos

Akiva Blum ydamyb at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 22:23:30 PDT 2009

  _____

From: avodah-bounces at lists.aishdas.org [mailto:avodah-bounces at lists.aishdas.org]
On Behalf Of Cantor Wolberg

I came across the following regarding the halacha to recite meah brochos daily:
"If one makes a mistake that requires a repeat of the sh'mone esrei (e.g. he
forgot ya'ale v'yavo on Rosh Chodesh) it is possible that both the b'rochos from
the first and second
sh'mone es'rei(s) count."

IMHO this doesn't sound reasonable or logical [and it's obviously not a chok
:-)]. It's like saying you're being rewarded and given credit for a mistake.
Anybody disagree?

ri

It seems very logical to me. The reason why Shmone esrei is being repeated is to
fill in the missing ya'ale veyovo, not because they was anything wrong with the
other brochos. So they were all good.
This is actually a machlokes rishonim how to view the other brochos, so the
statement "it is possible" is correct.

Akiva