[Avodah] Boruch She'amar

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Fri Sep 4 08:05:48 PDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 04, 2009 at 10:13am EDT, I wrote:
: As it was handed down to me (via RYBS and my father), the Gra was
: against kissing tzitzis during Shema as an affecatation that isn't
: saying Shema, and thus a distraction.
:
: However, if someone did insist on taking tzitzis in hand for Shema,
: he should only take the front corners, for this reason.

I should have been clearer -- the Gra's objection was to kissing them,
which doesn't really mean he had a problem with holding them. My "did
insist" could be misleading. (For once I caught it before someone
emailed me a correction.)

:-)BBii!