[Avodah] Boruch She'amar

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Fri Sep 4 07:13:52 PDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 04, 2009 at 02:56:18PM +0100, Allan Engel wrote:
: We wear two tzitzis in front and two behind so that we are "mesuvav
: bemitsvos".

As it was handed down to me (via RYBS and my father), the Gra was
against kissing tzitzis during Shema as an affecatation that isn't
saying Shema, and thus a distraction.

However, if someone did insist on taking tzitzis in hand for Shema,
he should only take the front corners, for this reason.

:-)BBii!

Micha Berger             "Fortunate indeed, is the man who takes
micha at aishdas.org        exactly the right measure of himself,  and
http://www.aishdas.org   holds a just balance between what he can
Fax: (270) 514-1507      acquire and what he can use." - Peter Latham