[Avodah] lo plog

rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 10:19:57 PDT 2009

Micha:
> And last, you need to have daas Torah, that absorbtion in the Torah
> Weltanschaunng to the extent of being able to fill in the gaps between the
> rules of pesaq, to go from conflicting sevaros and shitos to lemasseh. Is
> that reproducible?

I'm ok with "gestalt" being a decisive factor. But at least a poseik
should endeavor to use it objectively or consistently

Background:
One shul has incorporated several nusach Separad practices

In my experience latecomers to ma'ariv used to come to bima to say a late
barchu. But In the aformentioned shul someone shouts it from the seats

As A Yekke, I find such spontaneous informal bar'chus distrubing. :-)

So I asked the Rav, "Nu why not add a permanent late bar'chu just as
Sephardim have already? (And nusach sepharad on Shabbos?)"

I got a dismissive "nah"

To me it seems so arbitrary! If ever there was compelling svara to
add a change - and onethat already exists in other minhaggim - this was
it. And Yet they have altered nusach for a lot less compelling reasons.

Tannaim and Amoraim are presumed to be consisten in their svaros -
unless a logical hilluq is provided.

Here, too, I would expect a poseiq to either be consistent or provide
a svara to be mechaleiq, and not to be arbitrary about it

My 2 cents.
KT
RRW
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile