[Avodah] Mesorah

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Thu Aug 20 08:11:16 PDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 09:13:51AM -0400, Rich, Joel wrote:
: Would you agree that the implication of this approach is that HKB"H
: doesn't care as much about the results as he does about the process and
: asks us to exclude from our considerations facts or approaches that one
: normally would take into consideration in trying to find objective truth.

Sort of, although I disagree with the phrasing. It's not so much a neglect
of objective truth in favor of the process as much as the process and
our immersion in it (and thus subjective) being the truth in question.
Objectively, it's all approximations of the Mind of G-d, Divrei E-lokim
Chaim. Halakhah is man creating a model of that, via the system.

Micha Berger             When we are no longer able to change a situation
micha at aishdas.org        -- just think of an incurable disease such as
http://www.aishdas.org   inoperable cancer -- we are challenged to change
Fax: (270) 514-1507      ourselves.      - Victor Frankl (MSfM)