[Avodah] Mesorah

Rich, Joel JRich at sibson.com
Thu Aug 20 06:13:51 PDT 2009

: In summary when I learn or teach I frequently will bring in historical
: information (just did that in the discussion about Baba Butra and the
: bet hamikdash in Baba Basra)
: Doesnt mean that I would change halacha according.
: However that doesnt diminish a historical analysis.

I consider it dimished in the sense that it's not the ikkar qiyum hamitzvah of talmud Torah for the same reasons that it doesn't influence pesaq. Not less important than studying science qua maasei Hashem.

Would you agree that the implication of this approach is that HKB"H doesn't care as much about the results as he does about the process and asks us to exclude from our considerations facts or approaches that one normally would take into consideration in trying to find objective truth.

KT
Joel Rich
THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE
ADDRESSEE.  IT MAY CONTAIN PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL
INFORMATION THAT IS EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE.  Dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message by anyone other than the addressee is
strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify us
immediately by replying: "Received in error" and delete the message.
Thank you.