[Avodah] Classical Academia, Deconstruction, and Mesorah

Rich, Joel JRich at sibson.com
Fri Aug 14 05:51:17 PDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 05:27:26AM -0400, Rich, Joel wrote:
: I understand all that - so are we saying that if we find a way to
: exceed the speed of light and gather old light rays to see/hear exactly
: what happened in the past, we would ignore it?

I believe we would. We ignore HQBH directly telling us the truth, why would this be any different?

We also frequently revisit the question of archeology and whether it could change the text we should use in a seifer Torah. If we found something provably from Ezra's seifer Torah that differed on malei vechaseir, would we follow that text -- or do we continue defining "kosher" via rov?

:-)BBii!
-Micha

-- -----------------
That (Ezra) is exactly my question (and I am mchalek between HKB"H rerevealing and our own efforts to find the truth using our intellect)
KT
Joel Rich
THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE
ADDRESSEE.  IT MAY CONTAIN PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL
INFORMATION THAT IS EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE.  Dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message by anyone other than the addressee is
strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify us
immediately by replying: "Received in error" and delete the message.
Thank you.