[Avodah] Classical Academia, Deconstruction, and Mesorah

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Fri Aug 14 05:48:14 PDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 05:27:26AM -0400, Rich, Joel wrote:
: I understand all that - so are we saying that if we find a way to
: exceed the speed of light and gather old light rays to see/hear exactly
: what happened in the past, we would ignore it?

I believe we would. We ignore HQBH directly telling us the truth, why
would this be any different?

We also frequently revisit the question of archeology and whether it could
change the text we should use in a seifer Torah. If we found something
provably from Ezra's seifer Torah that differed on malei vechaseir,
would we follow that text -- or do we continue defining "kosher" via rov?

:-)BBii!

Micha Berger             I always give much away,
micha at aishdas.org        and so gather happiness instead of pleasure.
http://www.aishdas.org           -  Rachel Levin Varnhagen
Fax: (270) 514-1507