[Avodah] (no subject)

Joseph Kaplan jkaplan at tenzerlunin.com
Wed Aug 12 16:34:22 PDT 2009

RRW: "I think RY don't turn this down to honor the chassan and kallah by
their acceptance

IOW it's not necessarily about their own Kavod."

If the RHS/RMB definition of tzni'ut were truly a jewish ideal (and I
believe it is not), then RY would have taught this to their talmidim
who would then be understanding why their rebbe did not take the
kibud.  And, of course, I did not say, nor did I mean to imply, that
RY were concerned about their kavod.  But if taking the, let's call
it a public role and not an honor or a kibud, truly conflicted with
tzni'ut, they'd act on it.  I haven't seen, nor have I heard of our
poskim and other leaders, including those advocating this definition,
acting on it.

Joseph Kaplan