[Avodah] Lecha Dodi

rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 14:33:08 PDT 2009

David Cohen:
> On that note: I have never been able to find the reason for the
> "abridged" Kabbolas Shabbos in most Ashkenazi communities on these
> days. I would be grateful to anybody who could explain it.

AIUI the Qaballas shabbas has a major theme of "hisna'ari mei'afar Qumi"

When Erev shabbos is
YT, ChhM or even Erev YT it is inappropriate to say that - because one
is in "simcha-mode" already.

Source:
IIRC I heard this from Belz School or its precursors.

Exacrly how much to chop off became a matter of Minhag, I guess.

Yet FFDM chops off nil
While I first found it "strange", now I think it's great - because you
get even More singing of joyous music when doing "the whole nine yards"

KT
RRW
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile