[Avodah] Tzeni'us and gender roles

rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 16:37:13 PDT 2009

RDR:
> But something may be assur for one person and muttar for another (see
> Hovoth HaLevavoth part 3 chapter 4, p. 216 in Hyamson's edition).  If a
> rav does "render pesaq" in a case like this he has to delineate exactly
> whom he is paskening for, and whom he isn't paskening for.  A lot of the
> problems of "our encounter with modernity" exist because psak has leaky
> boundaries."

Actually this might be superfluous on Avodah itself. :-)

I.E. I posted about 2 weeks ago that the Daf specifically mentioned Rav
Ashi pasqening "lav aliba kehichesa" because it involved avadim

In fact IIRC Rav Papa also did the same in that sugya BEFORE Rav Ashi.

KT
RRW
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile