[Avodah] Halachah, Mussar, Qabbalah

rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 08:28:45 PDT 2009

Akiva:
> Your post is about
> conflating halacha wih mussar, and halacha with kabbala. And that's
> where you've lost me.

No direct reply, I think each individual needs to reflect upon some
ideas for themselves...

Indirect reply:

There is an excellent bifurcation of Halachah and Muusar-Qabalah in one
of the most famous Sefarim of the 19th Century!

The sefer Chofetz Chaim is a classic halachah sefer
And its shemiras halashon component is mussar laced with quotes from
Zohar.

Surely this paradigm works for me, viz. Non-conflation.

There are many other similar dichotomies out there.

Even the sefer hachinuch for the most-part separates taamei mitzvos from
the halachos themselves.

KT
RRW
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile