[Avodah] some halachot of moser

Daniel Eidensohn yadmoshe at 012.net.il
Wed Aug 5 00:17:46 PDT 2009

Zev Sero wrote:
> Because that's all the Rama says (at the end of se'if 7).   He doesn't
> say anything about other people being allowed to inform on an assailant,
> but he also doesn't say anything about the crime having to be regular
> or habitual.  It seems to me just from the Rama's words that this may
> be a privilege granted to the victim of an assault, because ein adam
> nitpas al tzaaro.
At this point I have presented a number of sources while you keep
responding with "it just seems to me". Thus you don't have a clear
statement that it only applies to victim and you refuse to accept the
sources that this is not so. No point in continuing this

>> *Sema (C.M. 388:30)*:This that the abuser is not reported to the
>> secular authorities is only when he is verbally abusive to the
>> individual but if he causes financial loss and surely if he beats
>> him or causes bodily suffering it is permitted to report him to the
>> secular authorities as is stated in the Rema and the Darchei Moshe.
>
> Sorry, you've mistranslated the Sema in several places.  There is
> nothing in the Sema about "verbally abusive", or "causes financial
> loss".

This is the understanding of the Chasam Sofer (Gittin 7a) and the
Minchas Yitzchok (8:148)- sorry you disagree with them.

Bottom line. You have a concern that there might be a difference between
the victim and others. You bring no source to justify this concern and
you reject all the mainstream sources which indicate that there is no
difference. At this point I don't see any benefit continue the discussion.