[Avodah] tisha baav is a moed

Eli Turkel eliturkel at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 03:56:58 PDT 2009

I have always been bothered by the characterization of tisha baav as a
festival (moed)
which is certainly not pshat in the pasuk

The fact that in the future tisha may be a festival would seem to be
irrelevant to today.
Besides the gemara says that all fast days are festivals in times of
peace and we
still say tachanun on other fast days (not YK)

RYBS has a different explanantion that we dont say tachanun on tisha
baav because
it is a day that G-d doesnt answer our pleas.

Can someone please explain better the more standard explanation that tisha baav
is considered a moed.

kol tuv

--
Eli Turkel