[Avodah] תשובה: aveilus of bein hamezarim on shabbos

Shlomo Pick picksh at mail.biu.ac.il
Sun Jul 26 00:57:11 PDT 2009

I don't know who the gedolei haposekim were in camp aguda circa 1966. but
from the posekim in the responsa literature, eg. Chasam sofer, vol. I, no
158, it's clear that the minhag of changing or not changing dress was a
communal affair and clothing was not an "individual based minhag". then
again in frankfort and other place they didn't come to shul on shabbos in
shorts, baseball hats, red pants, white blazers, sneakers, sandals without
socks, and who knows what not.
I don't have to explain every chassidische minhag, just pointed out that the
problem of aveilus bezibbur on shabbos has found some resolutions, and not
"veyesh leyashev bedochak".
Oh, last nite we also did Kiddush levanah as per minhag hagrah.
May this week of shavua she chal bo tisha b'av be incomplete and if we have
to complete it, let it be the last one.
shlomo