[Avodah] Early morning minyan

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Wed Feb 4 13:19:36 PST 2009

On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 01:12:53AM +0200, D&E-H Bannett wrote:
: But, to answer your question.  the before and after brakhot
: and all the zimra and other paragraphs of praise in between
: are one chativa of the tefila. See my long posting just
: above. The Shabbat lengthening of the introduction to the
: final brakha are not a break. Similarly, kri'at shema beween
: the brakhot fore and aft are one chativa and an extra barukh
: ata is not added.

My question was that we're switching shlichei tzibbur in the middle of
that chativa. (Or in many yeshivos, we have a chazan only for the ending.)
How does it retain unity?

Yes, for each chazan as an individual, it's a berakhah haseumchah
lecheverta, but what preserves that nature for the minyan? Or -- I'll
add, starting to think of answers to my own question -- does the minyan
not really count for pesuqei dezimra?

Micha Berger             A cheerful disposition is an inestimable treasure.
micha at aishdas.org        It preserves health, promotes convalescence,
http://www.aishdas.org   and helps us cope with adversity.
Fax: (270) 514-1507         - R' SR Hirsch, "From the Wisdom of Mishlei"