[Avodah] l'Dovid Hashem Ori

Dov Kay dov_kay at hotmail.co.uk
Tue Sep 16 04:54:22 PDT 2008

<<In this whole thread, I have not noticed anything about WHY some do not have this minhag, other than the idea that it was started by followers of Shabbetai Tzvi. Are there any other reasons? I mean, it's just a chapter of Tehillim; I can't imagine anyone saying that there's anything objectionable about the content!>>

Nothing to do with the content.  The GRA objected to adding any extraneous perakim of Tehillim to the seder hatefillah, except for Shir Shel Yom.  Therefore, he also omitted Mizmor shir chanukas babayis, which was added on the recommendation of the Ari z'l.

Kol tuv
Dov Kay