[Avodah] bat mitzva "bo bayom"

Rich, Joel JRich at sibson.com
Mon Sep 15 10:18:29 PDT 2008

I am wondering if there is an inyan to have a seudat bat mitzva
(obviously for those who hold that a seudat bat mitzva is a seudat
mitzva) on the actual birthday.  My feeling is that since there's not
much else the girl can do on that day to show her reacing mitzvot (yes,
I know she can take challah, or tovel dishes etc.- ) that it seems more
important to have the seuda on the actual day, but i'd like to hear
other peoples reactions and sources.
thanks,
menucha

Well, I still don't really know what it means when we say "there's an
inyan to...." but w/o respect to "political" issues, I'd say yes as the
parallel by boys iirc is that it is only a seudat mitzvah if done on the
actual day of the bar mitzvah.

KT
Joel Rich
THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE
ADDRESSEE.  IT MAY CONTAIN PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL
INFORMATION THAT IS EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE.  Dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message by anyone other than the addressee is
strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify us
immediately by replying: "Received in error" and delete the message.
Thank you.