[Avodah] [Areivim] The conversion controversy

Chaim G Steinmetz cgsteinmetz at juno.com
Mon Aug 25 14:40:59 PDT 2008

See Rambam Hil. Shabbos 20:14. Issurei Biah 14:9.

On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 13:25:25 -0700 (PDT) Harry Maryles
<hmaryles at yahoo.com> writes:

I've heard that. But I haven't seen the SA. Does the SA or Nosei Kelim
there mention KOM as a voluntary oblligation? What happens if he or she
refuses? Do we let them go?

If one captures a slave, is he not automatically given the status of a
woman vis-a-vis Mitzvah obligation? This is what I aways assumed when
learning those sugyos in the Gemarah dealing with Avosdim.

I can't imagine first asking a slave if he will be Mekabel the Ol Mitzvos
 just before we capture him. I thought capturing him made him
automatically obligated -  whther he or she likes it or not.

But since I am not familiar with Hilchos Avodim - and you seem to be...
please enlighten.

HM

Want Emes and Emunah in your life?

Try this: http://haemtza.blogspot.com/