[Avodah] Bracha on Megillah

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Fri Aug 15 08:42:29 PDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 09:31:12AM -0400, Rich, Joel wrote:
: IMHO better question is it permissible/required  to switch back to a
: klaf and why (aiui it is generally understood that the klaf was stopped
: due to financial reasons).

That seems to be the MA's reasoning (OC 242) based on the BY, and since
publishing is relatively cheap, one should do so from whole sefarim,
not a printed copy of just the maftir.

Both the MB and the AhS give preference to kelad.

 From a communal budgeting perspective: Now that leining haftorah from a
kelaf is a long interrupted minhag, how much priority can we give to
spending money on restoring it? How binding is a long interrupted minhag
altogather?

This is a question I had on my doing kaparos with a chicken. The SA
doesn't like it. My family interrupted this minhag at least 4 generations
ago. Does an interrupted minhag trump a SA?

Which now has this topic tied into RAM's question about minhag avos
w/out minhag hamaqom and can one choose a compelling seifer instead.

:-)BBii!

Micha Berger             When you come to a place of darkness,
micha at aishdas.org        you don't chase out the darkness with a broom.
http://www.aishdas.org   You light a candle.
Fax: (270) 514-1507        - R' Yekusiel Halberstam of Klausenberg zt"l