[Avodah] kinnot and churban

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Thu Aug 14 07:59:33 PDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 08:38:22AM +0300, Eli Turkel wrote:
: Eichah was for first temple which was destroyed by AZ and Bavel.
: Only second temple was destroyed by sinat chinam and Edom.

But my quote from Yeshaiah was about bayis rishon too...

However, while you weakened my point WRT Eikhah, it sands as is for Qinos,
and can withstand the criticism somewhat. Broaden my observation to be
about using the BHMQ to "buy G-d off" in general, and it still explains
why one would focus on the sins we were trying to bribe Him to ignore
rather than the loss itself.

Micha Berger             It is harder to eat the day before Yom Kippur
micha at aishdas.org        with the proper intent than to fast on Yom
http://www.aishdas.org   Kippur with that intent.
Fax: (270) 514-1507                       - Rabbi Israel Salanter