[Avodah] TIDE and Austritt

T613K at aol.com T613K at aol.com
Wed Jul 23 09:04:32 PDT 2008

From: "Richard Wolpoe" _rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com_
(mailto:rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com)
>>  3. How do you construe the lecture on Tehilim at the JCC on the
Palisades? Is the inclusion of Non_ Rabbis a fatal flaw in  Austritt?<<

I don't know anything about this lecture of  which you speak,  but
non-Orthodox Jews, clergy or laypeople, should never  be asked to lecture on Torah
subjects.  If you want a Reform guy to give a  lecture on how to do CPR, that's
fine.

My father was totally opposed to Orthodox participation  in Federation and
JCCs.  JCC Judaism is a large part of what has made  such a churban of American
Jewry, and even on C/R terms, it hasn't  worked.   Swimming together on
Shabbos at the JCC has NOT made Jewish  boys and girls more likely to marry each
other.

--Toby  Katz

FanHouse Fantasy Football today.