[Avodah] Love of the Imahos [was: Your brother's a Mumar; here's the solution!]

Rich, Joel JRich at sibson.com
Wed Jul 2 05:59:49 PDT 2008

> Yes, I know that Yakov did love Leah too, but relatively, she felt
unloved.
> Rochel was always his true zivug and his true wife, which he
> mentioned even on his deathbed, so many years after Rochel's death.

> --Toby Katz

I never really thought about this before, but if it is our understanding
that each man only had one "zivug rishon",  polygamy implies some women
will end up in this Leah role; "destined" to be second fiddle?  And when
the gemara says that before birth the bat kol says bat ploni lploni,
does that include those who are destined not to be a "true zivug"?

KT
Joel Rich
THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE
ADDRESSEE.  IT MAY CONTAIN PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL
INFORMATION THAT IS EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE.  Dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message by anyone other than the addressee is
strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify us
immediately by replying: "Received in error" and delete the message.
Thank you.