[Avodah] induction cooking

M Cohen mcohen at touchlogic.com
Thu Sep 25 10:01:21 PDT 2008

RZS writes ..Why is this (covering the knobs) bedieved?  Covering the knobs
is parallel to gerifah; the top part of the blech that covers the flame is
parallel to ketima.  Standard
blechs do both, but only one is necessary.

this question arises all the time (espec wrt to crockpots)

see IMoshe (I don't have the ref right now) that the flame is the place to
cover.

although I have heard some claim that covering the knobs is good enough,
I have not found a teshuvah in print that says it.

although some say that R Aharon Kotler held that covering the knobs is good
enough,
R Shlomo miller (RAK talmid, R kollel Toronto) told me that this is
completely false.

mordechai cohen