[Avodah] induction cooking

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Thu Sep 25 09:39:52 PDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 12:26:30PM -0400, Zev Sero wrote:
: Why is this bedieved?  Covering the knobs is parallel to gerifah; the top
: part of the blech that covers the flame is parallel to ketima.  Standard
: blechs do both, but only one is necessary.

That would have been my take too. Now, given that, and given that
the flame isn't visible, is a blech needed altogether, or is ketima
effectively done by the mechanics of how the food is heated?

IOW, is ketimah covering the flame, or not having a flame to see?

My take from the gemara is in the case where there is no flame to see as
too low or high and therefore no chance of panic to stoke it, requiring
any form of blech is already above the minimum of the din.

Micha Berger             A person must be very patient
micha at aishdas.org        even with himself.
http://www.aishdas.org         - attributed to R' Nachman of Breslov
Fax: (270) 514-1507